Surprisingly Nutritious Fudge Brownies
I'm not always a chocolate person, but I LOVE a good fudgy brownie. Boxed mix under-baked is my jam. The problem is just one is never an option. One time in high school, my best friend and I ate an entire batch the night before a race. I wish that was the only time!!
I was craving brownies on my day off and got to thinking - I need a good brownie that has some more staying-power, less sugar, and second-serving friendly macros. We had some sweet potatoes leftover from thanksgiving, so I figured that was a great place to start.
These brownies are packed with protein, fiber, low in sugar, low in calories, high in antioxidants, and a plethora of vitamins and minerals from the sweet potato (vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B6, potassium, niacin, and many more). Pureed sweet potatoes serve as a perfect base for a smooth, fudgy, and rich brownie. Even better, you can't taste them (perfect for anyone in your life who has a hard time with vegetables).
-2/3 cup melted coconut oil
-2 cups pureed sweet potato
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup vanilla protein powder
-Pinch of salt
-1 tsp Baking Powder
-1/2 cup cocoa
-1/2 bar 90% dark chocolate coarsely chopped
1. In a microwaveable bowl, melt coconut oil. Once melted, add pureed sweet potatoes (either buy pureed, or cook and puree your own in a blender), eggs, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
2. Add dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
3. Gently fold in chopped chocolate.
4. Grease a baking dish and line with parchment paper. Spread batter in one even layer.
5. Bake in a 325-degree oven for 20 minutes until just set.
6. Cool slightly before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to six months.
Nutrition Information - makes 15 brownies
154 calories, 11g fat, 8g carbohydrates, 6g protein
#nutrition #nourishing #brownie #brownies #healthybrownie #dessert #healthydesseret #sweetpotato #nutritioncoach #blog #blogger #recipe #recipes #healthyrecipe #personaltrainer #lifestyle #balance #wellness #sweetpotatochocolate